Our vision is that charities, social enterprises and voluntary organisations have people with the right skills to be effective and resilient in meeting the changing needs of society.
- Apprenticeships in fundraising, volunteer management and campaigning.
- Resources that help HR managers and chief executives recruit, manage and train staff and volunteers.
- Resources to support trustees and management committee members.
- Authoritative research on who works in our sector and the skills they need.
As an organisation we are:
- Informed – we know about and understand our sector
- Authoritative – we provide the trusted voice on skills for our sector
- Innovative – we find creative ways to increase opportunities for learning
- Collaborative – we work in partnership with other leading organisations
Skills – Third Sector is an independent charity set up to champion the skills needs of the staff, volunteers and trustees in charities, social enterprises and other not for profit organisations.
Initial funding from the Department of Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) and the then Office for the Third Sector (now Office of Civil Society) in the Cabinet Office is supporting work to develop national skills standards and qualifications based on those standards. It is also supporting research into the skills needs of the voluntary sector and the exchange of good practice both within the sector and across Sector Skills Councils.